Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thanks for Not Talking


Today I am thankful for a request Dad had of me as I was growing up, the request that I not talk during dinner until I was finished eating, because otherwise I would simply sit there, chattering away, and not eat my dinner.   At the time I remember thinking that was such a mean request and how could my dad NOT want to hear my voice? But now as a parent of a chatterbox, and I do mean a chatterbox, I can see why Dad asked that in the first place.

 I'm pretty sure though it wasn't really because I wouldn't eat, it was because my endless talking may or may not have grated on his nerves and he just wanted to eat in peace.  Though I've not yet requested that of the chatterbox in my home, I totally get why he did it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment