Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Memory Today and Your Stent Procedure

Dear Dad,

Do you remember the day I was born?  What were you thinking when you saw me for the first time, your little girl with coal black hair just like your own?  Did you think at that moment what life had in store for you now that you were the father to two, but also a father to a daughter?  Did I immediately start being a daddy's girl or did it take me awhile to wrap you around my finger?  Did you know in the moment that I was born that you would have the unconditional love and respect from this little creature for the rest of your life?  What do you remember about that day?

Today, Dad, they will put in a stent to help relieve the jaundice you are experiencing from the cancer.  I told you that you were going to lose your golden glow you've developed recently and we laughed.  I want you to know this, with this first blog post, I will be writing often to share my memories of you.  Today as you prepare for your surgery, know that I love you, that I am so, so proud of you and that I will be with you every step of the way.  This blog is to honor you.  I hope it shows the love I have for you.  Pancreatic cancer could not suck more, but you are a fighter and I truly believe if anyone can beat this, it's you.

Love,
Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment